♥Family Friends♥

♥Who's Visiting♥

Friday, August 30, 2013

~ALTERED PLATE~ By DT Rhonda R.




Hi Craft Peeps!!!...
The weekend is here... YAY!!... My post today is an Altered Plate I did for an exchange. First one I have ever done too! It was alot of fun, but BOY.... I sure had a hard time deciding on what to do. In addition this is my first post for CraftingFamily.com. I am their newest edition to the Design Team. Christine, the owner is a wonderful and compassionate person who cares about her customers and I am so happy to be working with her and her design team.

~~**~~**~~**~~

For my altered plate...
I printed out an image from the internet... I love things about sewing... I don't sew, but love anything to do with it! I first began by applying gesso to the plate... then using spray inks by Inkadinkadoo, I spayed in various areas and just blended them. I tore around the edges of the image and then distressed the edges using Tim Holtz' Vintage Photo distressing ink. After everything had dried I mod podged the image onto the plate. Curling up the corners of the image (in these areas I kept reappling mod podge in between dry times to really stiffen it up. I then applies mod podge all over the plate to seal everything in. Next I added a variety of mulberry flowers and stamens, lace appliques onto either side of the image, mulberry leaves, a thimble. Ribbon flowers and some beautiful sewing theme charms both from The Crafting Family Shoppe.
I hope you enjoy my project...





 
Visit The Crafting Family Shoppe and start ordering today!
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend!!!
Visit me at my blog Flowers & More By Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment