♥Family Friends♥

♥Blog Archive♥

♥Who's Visiting♥

Sunday, September 30, 2012

"Ocean of Thanks"

Hi Everyone! I know it's been FOREVER since I've been able to post, but as you have heard from the DT, I've been busier than ever (but loving it) on the Facebook Group: Scrapbook Deals - which is where CF sells our scrappy supplies now! It's a buy/sell group for scrappy supplies and the girls on there make it a blast to be on working 'til the wee hour of the night!

Anywho, while our fabulous Sunday DT: Ashley is in the middle of transitioning into her new abode this week, I actually have a project I finished to share with you! Wooohooooo! Apologies for my over excitement, but I miss crafting on a regular basis! 

So this shadow box gift I made is from a trip two of my 11+ year besties took to Florida to see me earlier this year.  We were around town trying to find souvenirs for them to take home to the kiddos when we found ourselves near the beach trying to find some seashell store...and so we had to take a moment for a photo op on the beach! I made two identical shadow boxes - one for each of the girls that came to see me, and what is cool is after they left, I went back to the beach to pick up some more seashells I used in the box to compliment the delicate ones I found in the little seashell store when they were here :)  


 The shadow box is from the frame department at Michael's; the burlap fabric is from Joann's remnant bin; the script paper is Recollections; and the background blue/green patterned paper is from Pink Paislee's Nantucket collection.  I printed the quote on textured cardstock from the Paper Company and inked it lightly with the sponge inkpad  which is a mix between Colorbox Ink and Tim Holtz.  I used DCWV cardstock to cut the loopy circles frame for the picture using the Elegant Edges Cartridge by Cricut and then sprayed it lightly with a mixture of Tattered Angels sprays. The rhinestones on the frame are from Forever in Time, and I used a hot glue gun to adhere the real seashells (the ones i picked on the beach got soaked in bleach water for a day). After I took the picture I added the date using the K&Co smash collection date stamp with brown ink in the bottom right corner. I used a Martha Stewart rolling zig zaggie cutting blade to cut the edges of the title and finally, I inked all edges of the paper with Colorbox ink. 

Thanks for stopping by our blog today, and make sure to come check us out on Facebook and in Scrapbook Deals to see our latest deals on scrappy supplies :) 

I hope everyone has a fabulous week! 

'Til the next post, I remain ~ Christine @ Crafting Family :)


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. aww so cute! the Nantucket line is perfect for this!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Christine!! I really love how creative you were with the shells and framing it in a shadow frame!! Awesome :) Love it!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete